Re: getting wings on

Subject: Re: getting wings on
From: Andy Draper <andy@europaaircraft.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:39:08
Hi Graham,

The GE12E bearing is symmetrical so it can go in either way.  The outer race
should
be flush with the housing when fully inserted.

Regards

Andy

>>> Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk> 03/13/02 10:35am >>>
>Dear Ted
>If the bearing is able to rotate more than 5 degrees in any direction then
>it must not be pushed fully in to the housing.  The design of the housing
>should limit rotation to allow enough movement due to dihedral plus a
>small clearance only.
>
>regards
>
>Andy Draper
>Europa Aircraft

Andy,
Digging around in a foggy corner of my mind, I seem to remember that the
bearing is not symmetrical
  in the back to front sense so it's possible to install the bearing wrong
way round?
Graham