Re: getting wings on

Subject: Re: getting wings on
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:35:58
My experience with the swivel bearing has been that when pushed fully into
the housing and only able to swivel 5 degrees it was much harder to get the
wing on.  I was told the bearing needed to swivel freely.  I recently
replaced one bearing because it would not freely swivel.  That wing(port)
now goes in eventually with sufficient patience and time.  The swivel on the
starboard side rotates freely and Much Effort has not gotten that wing on
lately.  I have had the wings on about six times without the flaps installed
and about six times with the flaps installed.  Each of the times with the
flaps installed has been a long tedious operation requiring much jiggling of
the flap pin.  Thank God the glider wings do not have a flap!!  The idea of
a cone shaped extension on the flap pin sounds like it would be helpful.
Ken Carpenter