Re: PSS AOA sensor position standardization

Subject: Re: PSS AOA sensor position standardization
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 19:16:34
Parker's Pneutronics Division ( http://www.pneutronics.com) has a couple of
multi-position pneumatic connectors:  Series 22, which are snap-together
plastic
quickconnects designed like electronic edge connectors - just snap together
as
many as you need.  Has guide pins.  Series 44, which is a circular style
quickconnect
with as many as 8 lines.

Denis Vories created a electrical/pneumatic quick connect that automatically
hooks
up everything when the wing is shoved home.  Perhaps this connector system
was
what he used?

The factory makes the comment that the pitot/static connectors are supplied
separate
and with male on one/female on the other so that you can connect them
together
when the wings are off the fuselage to keep dirt out of the system.  No
comment
on the above quickconnects as to whether they are dual-shutoff types.
Wouldn't
matter, the ends wouldn't stay clean without a mating cap ...

Shaun
A207