Re: PSS AOA sensor position standardization

Subject: Re: PSS AOA sensor position standardization
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:36:43
>The second issue is seeing several approaches.  The basic problem is that
the sensor bridges
the upper and lower skins forward of the spar, and therefore requires an
additional access
plate for maintenance.  What is the structurally safest, or aerodynamically
best, way of doing
this? <
-
Shaun

I am considering the same. I have found that the tubing will rout down the
rear of the spar and around the end of it.  That will allow me to install
the ports of probe outboard of the last rib. Depending on which AOA I decide
on that is where I will pit it.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds WA 98020