Re: Headaches

Subject: Re: Headaches
From: Brian Staples <brian@bstaples.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:38:03
Dave

It seems that you are convinced that your headaches only occur after
exposure to building materials.  The solvents used in resin systems can
cause headaches and nausea in cases of excessive exposure,  but I do not
know whether the resin itself can cause these symptoms.  It is unlikely that
cured composite materials could explain such symptoms.  Assuming your
symptoms are due to exposure to materials used in the construction of the
Europa then the only solution is to reduce exposure.  This is achieved by

1. High standards of cleanliness and ventilation
2. Ensure your respirator conforms to EN 141 (I use 3M respirators)
3. Ensure cartridges on respirator are still functioning OK,  if in doubt
replace
4. Ensure the mask fits well,  and is worn at all times

However,  the most important advice I can give to members of the group is
that people get ill for all sorts of reasons.  Early morning headaches can
have a number of causes,  therefore people should always consult their
doctor in the event of illness.  I hope you are feeling better soon.

Brian Staples
Kit 514