Cabin heater question

Subject: Cabin heater question
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:50:26
Hi,

I am in the process of planning the cabin heat for my motor glider project. I
have
looked into a radiator type heater sold for another kit built airplane and
have decided it seems rather bulky and hard to fit into the airplane - providing
heat to both sides and to the windscreen. I am now leaning toward an exhaust
muff type heater that would have a blower fan for operation of defrost on the
ground.

What have people done and been successful with? How effective have been the
heaters
installed? Does Europa have a heater option to purchase? I plan to have
electronic
monitoring of the CO in the cabin as well. One disadvantage of the radiator
heater is that it introduces another failure mode of the liquid cooling
system, which is critical for the engine operation. Of course with a glider,
who needs an engine anyway!!!

Dave Anderson
A227
Monowheel Motor glider