Re: Off Topic: The "Evils" of homebuilding

Subject: Re: Off Topic: The "Evils" of homebuilding
From: Barrington Tennant <Tennant@tonline.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:14:00
Hi folks,

The Europa is certainly invisible on some radar systems.

A couple of years ago I flew from Hamburg down to my home base and had
to pass over Bremen and Munster at FL 65. It is compulsory to use mode C
above 5000ft in Germany and I took up contact with Bremen radar when
near their busy airspace D.
They could not see me and requested every minute a position report
(there was a cable loose on the transponder). They asked me to get my
transponder fixed!!

A little later I had to fly over Munster and although they received no
transponder signal they were getting a primary signal.

So don't bank on not being seen!!

Barry Tennant