Re: tailplane torque tube reinforcing

Subject: Re: tailplane torque tube reinforcing
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 06:59:09
Thank You!  That makes sense.

I agree with you that an external clamp would be the best arrangement to
spread the loads over the circumference of TP4.  Internal bushings or tubes
would not protect TP12 ( and TP9? ), and since the plastic collars cover
TP12, adding a bushing ( those of use who have not installed TP4 yet )
wouldn't
work either.

John Moran's idea sounds good for those of us who haven't closed the tail
yet.
For maintenance access though, it does sound like a split sleeve clamp would
make life easier.

Shaun