Re: tailplane torque tube reinforcing

Subject: Re: tailplane torque tube reinforcing
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:29:37
O.K., now I'm REALLY confused.

1.  Bob, just HOW are your tailplanes loose?  fore/aft? side/side?
rotationally?

2. Graham, it seems to me that the TP14 pins in both TP9 and TP12 serve to
transfer the
    torques from the pitch pushrod to the tailplanes, so they both have to
be precisely
    fit.  And therefore additional bearing surface would help.  Unless
there's a bit of slop
    between TP12's I.D. and the tailplane torque tube's O.D.

Am I missing something?

Shaun
A207