Re: RE: turnbuckles

Subject: Re: RE: turnbuckles
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:48:49
Is there a reason we have to put the turnbuckles or any rudder pedal adjustment
at the very aft of the plane ?  Can we put the turnbuckles inside the tunnel
or near the fuel inspection ports?  Or put opposing ports in the tunnel in the
baggage area?  Haven't installed the gear completely yet so excuse my naivety.

Cleve Lee
A198 Mono XS

On Thu, 10 January 2002, "Timothy.P.Ward" wrote:

> Graham,
> You can always squeaseeeeeeeeeee down through the back bulkhead to adjust them
Graham!!!Done it once but have now decided to train my 5 year old son, Angus,
to do those jobs as it is increasely becoming a liability for a man of my age!!!
Tony K, can do it well!! See you soon.
> Tim
> >
> > From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
> > Date: 2002/01/11 Fri AM 11:27:58 GMT+12:00
> > Subject: RE: turnbuckles
> >

> > >Thanks Tony, Is it advisable to install one or two on the TP cables?
> > >
> > >Install one into each of the cables... ie you need four or six
> > >turnbuckles all told. Six if you have Graham's tailwheel mod, four if
> > >you don't.
> >
> > Tony,
> > Turnbuckles in the TW circuit are a luxury, but not vital. I did find it is

> > very difficult to adjust them through the tiny inspection hole when
> > everything is closed up. I now believe in getting iot right first time. I
> > would advise to go for 4mm of spring compression, then get used to the
> > handling. If a change seems desirable just fit new cables. Easy and cheap
> > and light.
> > Graham

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!