RE: turnbuckles

Subject: RE: turnbuckles
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:27:58

>Thanks Tony, Is it advisable to install one or two on the TP cables?
>
>Install one into each of the cables... ie you need four or six
>turnbuckles all told. Six if you have Graham's tailwheel mod, four if
>you don't.

Tony,
Turnbuckles in the TW circuit are a luxury, but not vital. I did find it is
very difficult to adjust them through the tiny inspection hole when
everything is closed up. I now believe in getting iot right first time. I
would advise to go for 4mm of spring compression, then get used to the
handling. If a change seems desirable just fit new cables. Easy and cheap
and light.
Graham