Re: Splashes in rear fuselage....

Subject: Re: Splashes in rear fuselage....
From: Erich D Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:09:59
Ferg wrote

>             How then do you cut the pitch stop structure to proper
> length
> before the top goes on, and how do you ensure that the splash
> matches proper
> top shape if the top is not attached?

After you lay up the splash molding do not remove it from the top
fuselage until you drill two alignment holes for future alignment of the
splash molding and cleco in place from the outside of the fuselage.

With the containment bulkhead mounted to the lower fuselage and cut to
the approximate length (error or short side or the top won't go on all
the way) put the top back on and reach in through the access hole for the
tailplanes and bond in small blocks of foam between the splash moulding
and the containment bulkhead using 5-min epoxy.  Once the glue goes off
remove the clecos and then the top of the fuselage.  The splash moulding
with stay attached to the containment bulkhead and thus allow for easy
application of the fiberglass lay ups.  You can then complete the pitch
tube upper stop as directed in the manual.  Hope this helps.

Erich Trombley
A028
Las Vegas, NV