Re: Splashes in rear fuselage....

Subject: Re: Splashes in rear fuselage....
From: J R \Bob\ Gowing <gowingjr@acr.net.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:59:33
Fergus, Duncan and all,

Although I am a long way from finished UK kit 327, I have followed this
story with interest and believe that the parts made at the factory have not
been precisely drilled across the centre line of the tube. This means that
if you do not keep all the various component parts in exactly the same
locations and orientation, then you must elongate holes circumferntially to
some extent. So it then depends on luck in reassembly whether they are
elonged around the circumference a little of a lot.

Thus I can imagine that although Bob redrilled larger holes, he could have
still missed cutting out to some of the edges; but I would have expected
that the amount of play should have been reduced. And so he has advised - at
first!

Why play should then increase again I cannot imagine. Unless the tailplanes
are hammering away against the pins when it would no doubt be obvious
through the control stick!

JR (Bob) Gowing in Oz