Re: EFIS/One

Subject: Re: EFIS/One
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 07:37:32
Greg is a marvelous engineer.  I'm amazed at the rate at which he puts out
new features.
But EFIS/1 is still very much a prototype; at some point you have to freeze
the design and
work out the manufacturing bugs.
I've been in too many engineering projects that have succumbed to the desire
to add
"just one more feature" and wind up being either too late to market or too
complicated to
be reliable.  I wouldn't be suprised if EFIS/1 remains in engineering mode
for several months
yet.
Remember - until the design is stable, you are one of the test pilots.  And
I wouldn't hand off
a demo unit to a dealer until the early adopters (test pilots) had
thoroughly wrung it out.

Shaun