Re: EFIS/One

Subject: Re: EFIS/One
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:43:00

In a message dated 01/06/2002 8:31:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
shauns@hevanet.com writes:

> Personally, I'll install a Skymap IIIC for navigation, an ACS-2002 for
> engine monitoring, and electrical
> traditional PFI. Then, like Fred says, I'll watch the market for realistic
> EFIS glass.

Yes sir, you are right in all counts. I am thinking that the future just
isn't quite here yet. The reliability of the EFIS displays should be good and
any system needs a backup -- no matter what it is. I see the standard gyro
panel in my future, even though I had visions of a modern looking EFIS panel.
I like the idea of the flexibility of displays possible with electronics, but
also realize the expense has to be justified. Right now, the non TSO electric
gyros are looking better and better. The flat plate aluminum was ordered
tonight so I am closing in on the decision of how to shape that panel. -
probably 6 round holes like they have been for decades. The beauty of
experimental is that when the future does arrive, the process of installing
it into the Europa should be straight forward.

Dave Anderson