Re: EFIS/One

Subject: Re: EFIS/One
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:03:59

In a message dated 01/05/2002 4:35:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
PreDial@aol.com writes:

> We're planning to install BlueMountain Avionics EFIS/One in our Europa.
> But having not seen it in the flesh, we've scheduled a trip to their shop
> on Feb. 16.  If anyone has any questions about EFIS/One, let us know &
> we'll get the answers.  If you're not familar with EFIS/One, go to their
> web site, www. bluemountainavionics.com.  It's a really cool solution to
> all the instruments in your plane.  It's a full glass cockpit with 16
> channels of engine parameters, data logging, built in GPS, and autopilot.
> They even have a backup unit (EFIS/Lite).   And I say this as a supplier of
> dials to the steam gauge industry!

Hi,

I am looking at EFIS myself, but have ruled out EFIS one due to the single
point failure of the display. Should it quit - all the information about
flight and engine are gone. I like it, but.... I also have one question which
seemed to also be an issue - will it fit? It looks to me that if it is
installed, you will have to modify the panel to make it work.

It does seem like a good idea, since I will probably be spending that on my
system anyway. Right now I am hoping that Dynon gets the system together they
are advertising. They have made an update of sorts on their web site, but it
is not much. It is simply a statement that they are still working on it. If
they are not ready with their system by the end of March, I will be
purchasing old fashion technology in the form of electric gyros -- still
expensive.

Dave Anderson
A227 motorglider...