Re: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: Re: Looking down the road at batteries
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 10:06:01

I am a bit confused about the whole notion of needing two batteries for
a 914 installation. The Europa manual wiring diagram doesn't show it or
mention it,
 and I have fitted just the one (Odyssey) battery in my innocence! As
far as redundancy goes it seems to me that you have an alternator
usually supplying the power to run one or both fuel pumps and if that or
the related kit blows up you are then relying on what is stored in your
battery to get you home or to a nice big field. Whether you have one or
two batteries then seems to be of no great consequence, compared to the
question of how much juice you have stored, and I guess you could store
a given (large) amount more efficiently in one larger battery rather
than two smaller batteries - or have I missed something?  David
Joyce,402