Re: Fuel routings

Subject: Re: Fuel routings
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 18:43:21
Well, with a 914, though, and enough oxygen, I suppose anywhere...  I
reread an old Europa Newsletter (#11), wherein Ivan Shaw rationalized
the lack of any gascolator or drainable anything.  He said fear of the
water was a holdover from the days of of WWII fighters that could
could go way up there, and even a small amount of water which freezes
was trouble.  He further reasoned that the unusable fuel in the tank
would retain sediment and water, to be purged annually during
inspections.  Oookaayy...

Regards,
Fred F.