Re: Gascolator

Subject: Re: Gascolator
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 07:14:15

Check under "gascolator" or "fuel system layout" on the BB archive site.
There's only one listing of a Classic that placed its gascolator and single fuel
pump
on the wheel well bulkhead, which would minimize the line length.

This would seem to be a nice area but prevents you
---From making that bulkhead removable for easier access to stuff in the tunnel.

I've wondered if there isn't an alternative position for the fuel system
components
but
can't see one.

Although the primary reason for placing the gascolators in the baggage
compartment
appears to be space available,  it also would appear to be the lowest point in
the fuel
system for a monowheel.  But if you use the standard fuel selector position on
the tunnel
wall, there'll be a rise before you get there.

One could put the fuel pump and gascolator on the forward starboard tunnel wall
in the wheel
well, but they would have to be quite high to clear the landing gear and would
get dirty quickly.
I haven't seen monowheel builders report that they've done this, and this may be
the reason.

Trigear builders have all the luck.  They just put everything where the landing
gear isn't.  Dang.

Shaun