Re: First real question

Subject: Re: First real question
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:01:36
"Tony S. Krzyzewski" wrote:

> You'll need to trim the edges to get a tidy join when the two parts
> overlap. Believe me, a 1" overlapped joint glued with Redux is going to
> be so strong you'll never have to worry about it. Keeping the joint to
> the required size is also going to save you the weight of the extra edge
> plus the weight of the Redux.

Not to mention that Redux is hideously expensive if you run out!

I would add that you should leave some extra flange on the
forward-facing, vertical portion back near the fin.  If you can't pull
the top back quite far enough, you'll need it.  Just in case, of
course; all Europa parts are a perfect fit, right?  :-)

Regards,
Fred F., A063