RE: First real question

Subject: RE: First real question
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:48:48
First of all..... WELCOME!

You'll need to trim the edges to get a tidy join when the two parts
overlap. Believe me, a 1" overlapped joint glued with Redux is going to
be so strong you'll never have to worry about it. Keeping the joint to
the required size is also going to save you the weight of the extra edge
plus the weight of the Redux.

Finding the trim line however is a fun exercise. Go steal a good soft
(2B) pencil from your kids. Using the side of the pencil tip scrub over
the area where the trim line should be as if you are doing a brass
rubbing. The trim line will magically appear. Then dig out your dremel
with permagrit cutting disk, put on a set of ear muffs and safety
glasses and annoy your neighbours for a couple of hours with the noise.

Second thing to remember... HAVE FUN!

Regards

Tony