Re: Airmaster VP Propellor

Subject: Re: Airmaster VP Propellor
From: Bob Jacobsen <jacobsenra@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 21:54:42

Great time to ask about the Airmaster prop.  Just got back from flying and
was up playing with my Airmaster prop today - just experimenting.  I always
use the constant speed settings so today I was using different power
settings then flipping the prop over to manual and dialing up different rpm
settings to see if I could pick up a few knots.  Try as I might the computer
settings were better than me.

Then I tried something new - set the prop to the climb mode (about 5300 rpm)
and started to do some wingovers.  Never done them in the Europa before and
man was it fun!!!  First off I still can't get over just how really great
the plane flies (not just good but really, really great!!!).  Second the
prop managed to hold the 5,300 rpm just about perfect when doing wingovers
or just about anything else I can think of.  I have never flown a turbine
but this must be close - the throttle is just a lever that controls power.
The sound never changes, just the manifold pressure - kinda weird really but
very, very cool.

Last month I took the prop apart to inspect it during my annual.  Its been
in service a year and everything looked brand new.  The service from
Airmaster has been excellent - if I have questions I get answers and when
they upgraded the controller recently on the newest props they replaced mine
for free.  Hard to beat.

Bob Jacobsen
N165BB  A131

p.s. I landed today with a really big smile on my face and it won't go away
- this is waaaayy to fun!!!  Just want to remind you guys who are building
just why your building.