Re: Airmaster VP Propellor

Subject: Re: Airmaster VP Propellor
From: Thomas Scherer <europa81@web.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 03:14:56
May I second the good opinions of the Airmaster prop (which actually is an
electrically actuated hub hosting Warp Drive blades).

I installed them just prior to my flight across the Pacific Ocean and never
bothered (or had the facilities) to check the installation. It performs
perfectly.

It would not give me much performance gain in cruise (as the previous Warp
Drive was already optimized for cruise) but helped a lot getting the plane
off the ground with 240 litres of fuel aboard or even more at the hot
airport in China.

I did not install the constant speed controller as I am flying at rpm below
the controller threshold (4ooo rpm). Still with the manual control it is
like switching from a car that has only third gear to a full fledged 5
gear-cruiser.

Sincerely,

<Thomas, N81EU>