Re: Airmaster VP Propellor

Subject: Re: Airmaster VP Propellor
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 08:17:07
        europa@avnet.co.uk

> I did not install the constant speed controller as I am flying at rpm
> below
> the controller threshold (4ooo rpm). Still with the manual control it
> is
> like switching from a car that has only third gear to a full fledged 5
> gear-cruiser.

The new Airmaster (feathering capable) CS controller includes the ability for
the owner to set the minimum speed at which the controller will trigger the
constant speed feedback loop. During the feathering tests I found that 4000rpm

was not a low enough trigger to get immediate smooth operation after the engine

restart and as a result dropped the controller trigger point to 3400rpm.

Incidentally, my flight log book now shows over five hours unpowered airborne
time in a Europa Classic. I haven't been game enough to take it feathered all
the way to the ground!

Tony