Re: Airmaster VP Propellor

Subject: Re: Airmaster VP Propellor
From: Garry Stout <gstout@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 08:08:09
 10/05/2001 08:08:10 AM

"Tony S. Krzyzewski" wrote:  " Lot's... but then I might be accused of
having a slightly biased view.
:-) As an unpaid test pilot for Airmaster I can say that the prop really
does transform the aircraft especially with a 912. What I enjoy most is
listening to the gasp of my passenger as the aircraft gets off the
ground in under 100 metres and then climbs like you wouldn't believe.
Can't wait to try it on the 912S. "

There seems to be an awful lot of subjective evaluations among us Europa
pilots, but very little objective testing.  There are enough of us now
flying that it shouldn't be difficult to get several together at the same
time and do side by side tests.  That's the only true way to evaluate one
prop (or other product) versus another.  Personally I and Bill Stewart did
a side by side test a couple of months ago.  I have the Whirlwind 2 blade
constant speed prop and he has the Airmaster 3 blade constant speed prop.
Side by Side, at the same manifold pressure and same RPM (30 inches and
5200 RPM), the two planes speeds were identical.  Neither plane gained or
lost ground to the other.

We didn't do any "rate of climb" or "take off distance" testing.  Perhaps
others out there can pick up where we left off.

Regards,
Garry
N4220S
(813) 878-3929