Re: General Aviation post WTC

Subject: Re: General Aviation post WTC
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:41:07
> Shaun Simpkins wrote:
> This morning the US secretary of transportation reopened the US air
> system.  Commercial and Cargo flights are resuming.  However, General
> Aviation is still grounded, and there will be further info on its status
> later today.
> I wonder if the era of largely uncontrolled sport flying in the US
> may be over.

No, Shaun.  There's been overreaction to (unprecedented) restrictions
on general aviation flight here.  But, CNN has surmised that this was
necessary to prevent remaining perpetrators of the tragedies here from
leaving the U.S. via charter or even hijacked GA aircraft.  On that
basis, I'm perfectly OK with that.  My old pretty Grumman wander-bird
has been grounded just a little bit, but this whole mess has, by far,
been the most horrific I've seen in my 57 years, and if this is all
gov't wants for my help to nail these bastards, don't look to me for
any complaint...whatsoever.

Regards,
Fred F., A063

 At