Control stick boots

Subject: Control stick boots
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:27:13
I will be ordering the boots shortly. They look nice and perform an important
function. This, I learned the hard way. A friend of mine built a Cozy MK IV.
A beautiful and fast bird with two side sticks. We went for an evening
flight. We got up to speed rotated and were off. As we got to altitude, my
friend who was pilot in command, said "I can't level off, the stick is jammed
back" A quick inspection with a flashlight revealed the CO detector had slid
into the right hand stick linkage box and wedged the stick back. It was
quickly removed and an enjoyable flight was completed that night. Stick boots
are now installed.

As my mother used to say "You live and learn....... If you're lucky"

Steve
A217