Re: Insurance

Subject: Re: Insurance
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 18:43:24
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
Bill McClellan   vzn0629q@gte.net

I have not finished my Europa yet to insure it but all of this is good info
for that later need.  I did run into a situation with the 17 year old glider
I purchased.  I wanted to get only liability insurance as it is required at
most glider ports but was told liability only was not available.  Further,
the minimum annual premium was 750 USD of which the liability was about 150
USD.  I believe there is only 2 insurance companies that insure gliders, so
they can pretty much dictate their policy structure.  My question is, has
anyone been able to get liability only insurance, and if so where.

Thanks,
Bill McClellan
A164