Insurance

Subject: Insurance
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:36:21
We are getting fairly close to completing our Europa and are having to
consider little incidentals like insurance.

Does anyone in the UK have any words of wisdom/ reccommendations on the
subject. We initially thought we would try to insure it for a couple of
months to get it through permit and test flying then maybe take a break
over the winter and start over next year. I know some owners make
considerable savings by flying only 6-8 months of the year.

Also we would like an idea of what the likely cost would be.  It seems
that the excess on most claims has risen considerably and I believe that
500 is not uncommon (ie- the cost of a dinged prop blade). It does
beg the question as to whether fully comp insurance is really worthwhile
considering the likelyhood that you would end up repairing any damage
that you caused in an accident.

Any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated. Also any
reccomendations of good insurers.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS (nearly finished - Yippee !)