Pulling on the Prop

Subject: Pulling on the Prop
From: Trevor Dance <106305.2117@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:32:47
Hello Gary,

I have read a couple of responses and I am going to quiz my instructor. I
was
told to ALWAYS pull the 152/172 to the tie downs by pulling on the prop,
one
hand either side, close to the spinner - perhaps I was a really bad student
and this
was a kind of wishful revenge....

The one proviso I learnt back in UK was BEFORE you touch a prop, check that
you can see the KEYS
on the top of the panel, though the windshield - you ALWAYS put them there
before maneuvering
an aircraft.

Now some smart A is going to say, "but what if you put your car keys there
by mistake ...."

What we may have learnt from this is that the Europa is one of the few safe
aircraft  to pull
by the spinner ?

Regards
Trevor