Re: Pulling on the Prop

Subject: Re: Pulling on the Prop
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:18:51
The main reason is that if the ignition is on (as it can be if you have an
open circuit P lead) and you move the prop, the engine can start - OK,
almost impossible with a 912, but on the Auster, you don't have to lean on
it to get it running - 50% of the time just gently pulling it over
compression is enough. I've even seen an engine start by moving the prop
enough to kick off the impulse coupling - about 1/2" at the tip. Impressive,
and it scared the "$%
&*@ out of the engineer....