Re: US vs UK prices

Subject: Re: US vs UK prices
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 18:09:09
Oops, I forgot to declare my speculations as such.
Well, I stand informed.
The cost of the US operation is probably the biggest factor,
if Europa has decided to not peanut butter the costs across all
kits.  Many companies do.
If Europa hasn't, more power to them.  Makes the wallet bite less painful
for its European customers.

Still, I do find it amusing that much of my tubing was rolled in Chandler,
AZ but made a 16,000 mile
detour on the way to Oregon.  On the other hand, quality control requires a
single control point...
More and more of the kit parts are starting to be drop shipped from their US
suppliers directly to builders.
Aeropoxy, the tire(s), windscreens...

Shaun