Re: things that go bump in the wing

Subject: Re: things that go bump in the wing
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@intercept.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:26:59
Paul,

You're not the first.

During the wing build phase, one builder of an early "Classic" left his
young son alone playing in his workshop .
He later returned, added the wing tip and finished off the glass work.
He couldn't understand the "clonking" noise encountered each time the
wing was moved.
Curiosity and common sense finally got the better of him and he
carefully sawed off the wingtip so lovingly crafted, to discover a toy
train had been shunted into the hollow foam core!

The original story appeared in an early "Europa Flyer" if I remember
correctly,....... or was it a posting? ....maybe it was me?
...that's the trouble with growing older.....I don't seem to be able to
remember things anymore........

Nigel G ;-)