Re: Wing rib at Aileron question.

Subject: Re: Wing rib at Aileron question.
From: Paul Mansfield <PaulM@nsfield.screaming.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:13:44
<The wings are sound without the bracket>

Excuse my stupidity, but if they're sound without the bracket, why add it?

Surely one way is right and the other is wrong - without the bid bracket is
too weak, or with it is too heavy - you choose, just don't say "both"!  :-)

Things aren't "slightly strong enough" or " a bit better than strong
enough" - they either are, or they are not, within the design limits.

I'm copying this to the list since I guess there are a few builders with
un-reinforced wing ribs.

Cheers

Paul  #383