Re: US vs UK prices

Subject: Re: US vs UK prices
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:35:42
I believe much of the difference is in marketing decisions that Europa is
choosing
to make.  (Transatlantic freight is a separate charge in addition to the cost
of the kit.) They have a good product and they may be content with the number
of orders they are receiving - growing to fast in this business is risky.
We fortunately have options with the engine portion of the plane, and Jabiru
is being very responsive to the strong U.S. dollar and has lowered their prices
recently on their 3300 firewall forward kit.

> Just a note of interest about UK and US prices.
>
> Today the exchange rate is 1.407 US $ = 1 UK L.
>
> Looking at the prices for a monowheel with a 914 turbo
> engine:
>
> Kit 16380 UK L
> engine 11920 UK L
> Total converted to US $ = $39818
> or
>
> Kit 26250 US $
> Engine 19072 US $
> Total in SU $ = $45322
>
> Which results in a difference of $6504 US.
> Which is about a 16% difference in price.
> The Europa costs that much more in the US vs the UK.
> Does this happen because of transportation costs...
> Why the large difference?

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!