fuel tank leaks

Subject: fuel tank leaks
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:04:59
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
"steve" <msl99@quixnet.net>

Has anyone had a problem with fuel tank leaks?  I was washing out my
tank today, getting ready for the installation step, when I noticed two
pin hole jets of water coming from the "weld" seam.  Upon closer
inspection, I noticed that at each of the leak holes there was an air
bubble in the plastic with a thin skin of plastic over the bubble and,
of course, a hole in this thin area.  Examining the rest of the seam
section, I found several other embedded air bubbles but these did not
have leaks (yet).  Anyone else found this?  I'm guessing it's repairable
with glass/epoxy.  I wonder if any of those fuel leaks/smells some have
noticed could be due to this same problem.  If anyone has experience
with repairing this type of defect, please let me know.

Steve Leisch
A208