RE: Roll Trim Tab

Subject: RE: Roll Trim Tab
From: Roger Sheridan <rogersheridan@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:46:14

-----Original Message-----
One factor I found important in preventing the door rising at the back on
closing was to keep the lower attachment point as low as practical within
the
trough... ie away from the outer surface of the fuselage. If you don't get
it
close the the bottom of the trough then the back of the door will rise as
you
close it.

Tony

Dear Tony,

Ironically I have found the opposite to you and fitted the lower ball joint
as close to the outer surface as possible without fouling the door.
The theory is that the strut's force is then virtually parallel to the skin
when the door is closed and this will minimise the force perpendicular to
the skin which pushes the top rear corner of the door up.
My other tip having fitted 3 pairs of doors (GKITS, N512SA & my own)is to
fit the struts before final gap adjustment around the doors as the struts do
apply a twisting force which will affect the way the door sits.

Cheers,

Roger Sheridan.