RE: Roll Trim Tab

Subject: RE: Roll Trim Tab
From: tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:52:07
I just discovered why I had to fill behind my port door but not the
starboard.... I fitted the hinge together so the two flats were on opposite
sides on the back hinge on the port side. It wasn't until I pulled the door off

today to mask it for painting that I realise my error. As a consequence I spent

a bit of time this afternoon removing the filler from the top of the fuselage!

Mutter. Both of my doors fit now flush with the fuselage when closed.

The door is too flexible without the glass in place. I suggest you bond the
glass in and then see if you still have a problem.

One factor I found important in preventing the door rising at the back on
closing was to keep the lower attachment point as low as practical within the
trough... ie away from the outer surface of the fuselage. If you don't get it
close the the bottom of the trough then the back of the door will rise as you
close it.

Tony