Re: fuel tank leaks

Subject: Re: fuel tank leaks
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:25:45
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
"Kenneth S. Whiteley" <ken@kenwhit.demon.co.uk>

In message <00a501c102de$a27d4b00$cb64893e@genevieve>, John Cliff  [ not me,
guv,
it was a forwarded, bounced message - Ed]

>Has anyone had a problem with fuel tank leaks?  I was washing out my
>tank today, getting ready for the installation step, when I noticed two
>pin hole jets of water coming from the "weld" seam.  Upon closer
>inspection, I noticed that at each of the leak holes there was an air
>bubble in the plastic with a thin skin of plastic over the bubble and,
>of course, a hole in this thin area.  Examining the rest of the seam
>section, I found several other embedded air bubbles but these did not
>have leaks (yet).  Anyone else found this?  I'm guessing it's repairable

It would be most unwise to attempt to repair the tank. You need to be
supplied with a new one. Glass fibre/epoxy would not begin to repair it.

Ken Whiteley

Polyethylene Consultant.