Re: Taildragger conversion

Subject: Re: Taildragger conversion
From: Augustene Brown <augustene@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 18:54:25
Dear Garry:

A persons airplane, especially one you built yourself,  is a very personal
thing- its almost like a member of the family.
As you know,   I am very familiar with your Europa tri-gear, and it is
absolutely beautiful.
I really must take umbrage with your comments regarding  the tail-dragger
aircraft, and most specifically the Monowheel.  I fail to understand your
comments regarding the appearance or the handling of the Monowheel.  Jim and I
finished our beautiful XS last year, flew that sweet thing to Seattle,
Washington and back with no problems and all we got all across the entire
United States were compliments.  Everyone  was impressed with both the
appearance and the performance. That airplane handles beautifully - in the air
and on the ground.   As a matter of fact, our son Robert,  who is a low time
pilot, made the transition from his  Cherokee 140 to our Monowheel in  8 or 10
landings with no tail-dragger time.  Lee Omernik will attest to this..
You are entitled to your opinion and I am very happy that you are pleased with
your tri-gear,  but for heaven sake, Garry  leave the rest of us folks who
own, and are extremely happy  with the monowheel , to enjoy them without your
negativity.

See you at Sun N Fun ;-)

Augustene & Jim  Brown
N398JB