Re: Taildragger conversion

Subject: Re: Taildragger conversion
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:37:20
Garry,

You may like "proper" concrete runways,
but that is by no means a universal preference.
I envy those fortunate enough to regularly fly off
of grass. If it weren't for the f#*%@ lawyers we
might be allowed to fly off of farmers' fields too.
There are some rather nice grass fields back
east, but here in California they are few and
far in between.
As for there being no wheeled planes in Alaska,
I am a little surprised to read that. A Super-
Cub on tundra tires comes to mind when I
think of Alaska. Just a romantic notion, I
suppose.
I hadn't heard about all those all those
mono-wheel caused accidents in the UK,
perhaps someone should clue me in.
Personally, I would rather walk than fly
my Europa with training wheels, personal
choice, of course.

Terry Seaver
Pleasanton, CA
A135