RE: Cabin ventilation

Subject: RE: Cabin ventilation
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 00:21:04
>This was originally done on ZK-UBD when it was VH-UBD. The builder vented
>into the rear baggage space and then had the aircraft fail its carbon
>monoxide test that is required as part of the flight test programme in
>Australia. In the end the vents had to be blocked and an outlet created on
>the top of the aircraft.
>
>Tony

Has anyone else had exhaust fumes in the cockpit? It always happened to us
when we throttled back, slowed down and lowered flaps and gear.

We did not have holes in the rear bulkhead, so it must have come through
the landing gear slot. I did wonder whether entry was through the LH flap
tube slot but undercarriage bay is more likely. Anyone fitted gear doors yet?

Graham