Cabin Ventilation

Subject: Cabin Ventilation
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:35:18
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>

With regards to the problem of getting air to leave the cockpit it seems
that with many Europas the positive pressure from the flap slots in the
rear fuselage prevents the use of apertures in the rear bulkhead as an exit
point. If I get this problem with my aircraft I am considering putting a
small aperture in the roof just forward of the bulkhead. This would be
covered with a stainless curved plate (the type used in the yachting world
for  small ventilation apertures). This is a negative pressure area so only
a small hole should be necessary. Has anyone tried this already?

Nigel Charles