RE: Performance discussion - an opinion

Subject: RE: Performance discussion - an opinion
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:47:48

  I have been interested in the Europa since I first saw the adverts
claiming that  cruise speeds of 174 kts were attainable, quite impressive, I
thought , faster than an RV6, which was the other kit I was looking into,
and you can de-rig it too

  I think what you have to do is look at the advertisements very carefully.
You will note that all of the higher speeds quoted are TAS, with the 914,
and at altitude. As Kevin Pownall stated, he is acheiving 150 knots TAS
cruise at 8000 feet with the 914 . On the classic I max out at 137 knots IAS
but totally run out of puff above 9000 feet so can't get a really good TAS
at altitude.

  Tony