RE: Inflight Variable Pitch Props

Subject: RE: Inflight Variable Pitch Props
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:40:17
>>> Congratulations to the owners of these Europa aircraft. They are quite
>>> obviously created from totally different materials from mine ! I'm
certainly
>>> jealous.

The NZ aircraft is a not so special 912 powered Classic Europa by the name
of ZK-UBD without the go faster kit. Before we put the Airmaster CS prop
onto the aircraft we could only achieve 105 knots indicated at 65% cruise -
or we could achieve 133 knots indicated and not get off the ground without
using every bit of available runway.

When I won the navigation contest on Saturday I did the entire run at 75%
power, 135knots true at 1000feet agl.

I very much suspect that Kevin's 914 powered Europa is tidier in finish than
UBD!

Tony