Re: Assistance with a mysterious reinforcement...

Subject: Re: Assistance with a mysterious reinforcement...
From: shaun simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 13:15:10
The original poster of this question may have been me.  Thanks.
Since then, Paul Stewart sent me some pictures of an Andair installation he
and Graham have been working on that
places the selector valve on the raised foot of the tunnel on the pilot's
side.
After sitting in my cockpit module and making the obligatory airplane noises
while studying the problem,
I think this may be - ergonomically - the optimum location for the valve,
esp. if you are using the Andair valve.
The factory position encourages you to use your left (flying) hand in a
reach-across action to actuate the valve,
whereas the tunnel foot position requires you to use your right (nonflying)
hand in a simpler motion.
The Andair valve also requires that you raise a lock knob to turn the
selector, which is far easier to
do when it's flat on the floor.  And it's easier to read as well.
Disadvantages:  you have to drill another access hole in the floor behind
the wheel wheel to access the connectors.
I believe that makes 4 holes - two for the outlets, one for the gascolator,
one for the selector?

Bob Jacobsen may have another opinion on this...Bob?

Shaun Simpkins
A207