Assistance with a mysterious reinforcement...

Subject: Assistance with a mysterious reinforcement...
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 12:23:10
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
"Shaun Simpkins" <shauns@hevanet.com>

All:

On the starboard side of the rearmost section of the central tunnel of
my XS cockpit module is a circular reinforcement about 5" in diameter.
This area is not mentioned in the builder's manual.  It is placed facing
the fuel valve hard point in such a way as to suggest that it is where
an access panel for the valve is to be placed.  But it would seem that
the flap drive rod would run right across the opening.
Can anyone tell me what this area is for?

Thanks -

Shaun Simpkins
A207