Re: SuperFil vs. Expancell...

Subject: Re: SuperFil vs. Expancell...
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 00:11:45
JohnJMoran@aol.com wrote:
> I used micro along the
> wing spar where there was a narrow but fairly thick layer required, near 1/8
> inch in some places.

Exactly what I did.  Poly Fiber says SuperFil is good to 1/4", but any
subsequent cracks will pain me deeply.  I swiped a not-too-dry micro
layer on that depression at the spar (Mk 1), prior to the Super Fil,
on the theory that the laminating resin is elastically similar to the
underlying laminate.  Good to hear others ain't takin' no chances.
Got a reinforcing message there when seeing how much flex there is
those wings.

Totally agree also on your other observations re SuperFil vs.
FairLite.

Regards,
Fred F, A063