Re: Re: Logbook Question

Subject: Re: Re: Logbook Question
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 00:36:44
For U.S. builders, the following was just posted to
rec.aviation.homebuilt.  It counts as a "sample of one," the logical
fault that besets business managers, according to Prof. Tom Peters, of
fame in the "Excellence" series of management theory texts.  But
FWIW.... (and a computer programmer don't understand about nonvolatile
backup?)

Regards,
Fred F., A063

--------

I used to keep mine on the computer along with pictures, text, and
receipts. I could print the entire thing and present it however I
wanted. Then my hard drive tanked. Being a computer programmer, I was
caught totally by surprise, and lost EVERYTHING!!! A quick call to the
FAA FSDO answered the following questions:

1) What should I do?

ANS: Take pictures of where I am at and create an entry stating what I
had done.

2) What do I really need?

ANS: Not daily or even weekly updates, just accomplishments (i.e. I
finished the bulkheads on 6/20/2000). Pictures showing that YOU
accomplished 51% of the building.

Basically, I was also told that during the inspection, there should be
enough discussion so that the inspector will be able to tell that you
built it.

Take that for what it is worth, it was one guy in the FAA office.

Rob
--------