Strobe switching circuit.

Subject: Strobe switching circuit.
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 21:11:07
I am using an Aeroflash signal strobe/nav light assembly out on the
wingtips. This installation uses two power supplies, one for each of the
double flash units. Since I am planning on installing the Rotax and not
putting on an aux alternator I will not be pushing alot of amps. These
lights are pretty hungry. The question I have is this.  Has anyone come up
with a switching  circuit so that one power supply can be used to
alternately flash each wingtip. I see no reason to have both strobes
flashing simultaneously. With the right timing this should effectively
reduce the strobe amp draw by on half. Is my thinking  right on this?  Can
I get some help out there on this?
Thanks.

Steve Hagar
A143